News & Insights from Our Charlotte Divorce Attorneys

Blog Posts in October, 2015

  • Changing Your Surname After Divorce

    North Carolina General Statute Section 50-12 provides for ways to change your surname (last name) as a result of a divorce. There are two ways to do this: Requesting a change of surname in the complaint or answer for divorce, and the judge grants the name change as part of the divorce judgment; or Making application to the clerk of court in either the county where you live or the county where the ...
    Continue Reading
  • How to Obtain an Absolute Divorce in North Carolina

    When most people think of divorce, they are actually thinking of what is known in North Carolina as absolute divorce. Absolute divorce is when the bonds of matrimony are dissolved and this action is discussed in North Carolina General Statute Section 50-6 . The following is a brief explanation of how to obtain an absolute divorce in North Carolina. If you have any questions about the process, you ...
    Continue Reading
Page 1 of 1